This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE2+iM & Dislocations with a Weighted Bar(IM5)

Started by Ron Roitman, May 2, 2016 · 2 Replies · 90 Views

Ron Roitman

Hey everyone! :)

-Can I have a form check on these attempts? I recorded these a month ago, but the form is pretty much the same now.
-After H1 session I like to do a couple of sets of iM5 and it'd be awesome if someone could explain the correct actions of the shoulders and scapula, in case I performed incorrectly.

Thanks!

 

 

 

Alexander Egebak

Normal headstand looks decent, perhaps except for the instability. It needs to be rock solid without the wavering.

For the iM It seems like you have good form and rom, but you still push your head forwards to compensate for lack of rom. Try doing this with completely straight spine and see how far up you can come. You probably have mastery, but you still have something to gain on this exercise

For the dislocate you can see that the wait is tilting to one side. That is due to tightness either a lack of flexibility in one of the shoulders or a lack of body awareness. Try looking intensely at the mirror to look for asymmetry to fix. Other than that you transition well between the different shoulder positions. I usually cue myself to push the stick as far away from me as possible while applying force in the desired direction.

Ron Roitman
On 02/05/2016 at 3:52 PM, Alexander Egebak said:

Normal headstand looks decent, perhaps except for the instability. It needs to be rock solid without the wavering.

For the iM It seems like you have good form and rom, but you still push your head forwards to compensate for lack of rom. Try doing this with completely straight spine and see how far up you can come. You probably have mastery, but you still have something to gain on this exercise

For the dislocate you can see that the wait is tilting to one side. That is due to tightness either a lack of flexibility in one of the shoulders or a lack of body awareness. Try looking intensely at the mirror to look for asymmetry to fix. Other than that you transition well between the different shoulder positions. I usually cue myself to push the stick as far away from me as possible while applying force in the desired direction.

-About the wavering- I'm not fully balanced in the headstand yet so I was trying to fix my posture/balance with the feet. I will stop that once I get more comfortable

-I'm not even close to mastery. It requires shoulder width and there's a long way until I reach that haha. The head forward happens naturally. I will experiment with this in the next session.

Thank you for bringing these important notes to my attention!  @Alexander Egebak