This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE3 form check

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, May 2, 2016 · 4 Replies · 88 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi All!

For me HBP/PE3 is the toughest of all F1 progressions. 

Here's my first set of 6 reps:

How do you find my form?

Most of all, I would like to be sure if lean is acceptable, maybe should I increase it a bit? Easy to say... I realized that if I lean only a bit more (5 cm / 2 inchess), I can barely perform 3 reps x sets with the form showed above. Feet and hands are in the same position, but as try to push up, I lose a bit of PPT and feet are not at all relaxed...

Thank you!

 

 

Cole Dano

A tiny bit more, and also focus on keeping lean on the way up and down. What I'm looking for is that during the entire trip the elbow never goes behind the wrist, ideally is always in front, but on top is acceptable at about the midway point down.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
2 minutes ago, Cole Dano said:

At tiny bit more, and also focus on keeping lean on the way up and down. What I'm looking for is that during the entire trip the elbow never goes behind the wrist, ideally is always in front, but on top is acceptable at about the midway point down.

This is a really clarifying answer, Cole! I think I've got what you mean! Thank you! 

 

Kate Abernethy

To maintain the lean - at the bottom position, fixate on a spot on the floor at eye level, mark it with a pen/ tape, then maintain your eyes vertically over this spot all the way up. 

Alessandro Di Sanzo
2 hours ago, Kate Abernethy said:

To maintain the lean - at the bottom position, fixate on a spot on the floor at eye level, mark it with a pen/ tape, then maintain your eyes vertically over this spot all the way up. 

Good Idea, I just marked feet (yoga block) and hands position (line on the parquet) in order to be sure to perform all reps/sets with the same amount of lean. I realized that only a few inchees of further lean makes this exercise much more challenging!