NEED HELP WITH BACK TUCK

Started by Brandon Marshall 172952, May 2, 2016 · 5 Replies · 1,465 Views

Brandon Marshall 172952

Hey everyone, I have a problem. I've been trying to throw my back tuck for a month and I still haven't landed it properly. I used to be able to do a round off back until I fell face first and started thinking about it too much. Now when I try a regular standing I can't land good( usually barely land it then fall to my knees) and my hips keep going forward on my round off back ( which is scary) and sometimes standing back :(how do I fix this?? Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente

You could have deficits on both technique and explosive work. We cannot judge without video.

Julian Aldag
13 hours ago, Brandon Marshall 172952 said:

Hey everyone, I have a problem. I've been trying to throw my back tuck... 

:facepalm:

I think I found your problem.

Brandon Marshall 172952
1 hour ago, Julian Aldag said:

:facepalm:

I think I found your problem.

What?

Julian Aldag

Generally when people say something like "I was trying to throw' or 'I was chucking' it indicates they are trying to achieve something without going through the proper progressions.  If you want quality advice, you are going to have to post a video. 

Alexander Egebak

Post a video!

No matter how you train you should always train with a spotter until you build the confidence for autonomous execution. An experienced spotter will also be able to correct your form.