This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE3 & FL/PE5 use of lumbar vs thoracic spine

Started by Nicholas Murray, May 2, 2016 · 1 Replies · 130 Views

Nicholas Murray

I have a question about the form in the early front lever series.

In the static holds (eg FL/PE3), the athlete appears to be resting on the floor from sacrum through to lower-to-mid thoracic spine. Is this correct form?  As another example, in FL/PE5, what is the lower-most part of the spine that is off the floor?

I've been doing these PEs resting on sacrum to lower lumbar spine, which is considerably more difficult as I'm holding more of my body weight off the floor, and had to regress from FL PE6 as I felt I just didn't have the fundamental strength.

Cole Dano

The entire lumbar spine should be on the floor. So the kidney part of the back is firmly pressed down. Tail bone rolls slightly up.