This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL-PE5 form check

Started by Eva Pelegrin, May 1, 2016 · 12 Replies · 248 Views

Eva Pelegrin

Just a quick form check, please.

 

Cole Dano

You're twisting the wrong way.  The inside elbow should roll back and outside in so you windup facing more towards the center line at the top.

Also, if possible work to keep you knees straight.

Eva Pelegrin

 R-L confused-s.jpg

I took me a while to figure out, but I changed directions and have been working on increasing my ROM for the last 6 weeks. How does it look now?

 

Eva Pelegrin

Anybody who can provide further guidance? What do you think? 
I've been working on my ROM and straightening my legs for some time. My belt set up up tends to slide down a bit, which only increases the difficulty of the exercise, but I'm use to it now. Thanks.

Cole Dano

ROM is fine, but something is still a bit 'funny' here. 

Maybe it will help to look at the demo video of Dylan and take note of which side of his body is short and which is long and then compare it to your video.

Eva Pelegrin

Hi Cole, funny business indeed. So many possible paths... I see what you mean. 

I filmed it today from another angle, more like Dylan's. I added a couple of reps with a full circle to get your feedback on form. I've been working on PE5 for 2+ months to the point that it feels like mobility now which I think it's a good thing. I wonder if I'm challenging myself enough. Should I add weight plates or is it best to start training the full circle motion.

https://youtu.be/2P_2kQBxSXw

Cole Dano

Why would you add weight to to something you haven't gotten down yet?

Thankfully the latest video looks much better and seems to be on track now.

Eva Pelegrin

The last video is pretty much how I've working for 2 cycles. Leaving the top angle more open (long) is even easier for me. I'm starting a new cycle next Monday and I feel I'm ready to add complexity, weight or tweak something. That's why I was asking. I am not feeling challenged (in comparison to the other elements). My reps, endurance, ROM is there. If you think I should stay here another month, of course I'll do it. I just get a little nervous when my perceived level of effort decreases for more than a month to where I feel I'm not working hard enough in a strength element. Hope this explains it. :)

Cole Dano

Just hit your 5x10r wrap this up and move on.

Eva Pelegrin

Ok, thanks for your quick reply! I've been doing 5 x 10r all along:)

Fort the Circle Arch Ups, Wesley demonstrates 10r alternating sides, while Dylan does 2 consecutive reps each side, which would seem to indicate 5R, 5L. Which one should I practice.

Cole Dano

I've always done them similarly to Dylan. Maybe some other mods will chime in.

Wayne Grima

Hi Eva, where did you get the strap support from, and do you know the proper term. Many thanks.

Eva Pelegrin

HI Wayne, I made it myself with 12-foot heavy-duty cam buckles and a sturdy weightlifting belt because it was out of stock at the GB website. I believe the "proper term" is back strap and you can find it at the GB website under Gear: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/gear/