Hi, I am just over 6 foot 3 and weigh about 315lbs, just started foundation 1 tonight and am completely knackered (in a good way!). I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of starting when overweight and could give me a bit of advice or share how they've progressed! Thanks
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Advice for an overweight beginner
Started by Jonty Frost, May 1, 2016 · 2 Replies · 175 Views
Work hard and do not give up. Consider the nutrition program "Thrive ". Results will come. Good luck.
I personally didn't start overweight but I've had clients who did. It really is so simple and you've done the most important part which is to start; which is fantastic!
You will need to make sure your nutrition is dialed in but that doesn't have to be unpleasant. Eat real foods in moderate quantities ![]()
It's just a case of being consistent and patient and for that to be possible, you need a sustainable approach. All of the GB curriculum is great for that, including Thrive as mentioned above.
Other than that I really recommend people to walk more often, it's gentle and rejuvenating and just gets you more active.
So rambling aside, put some focus on your diet but don't buy in to the quick fixes, keep it simple and enjoyable. And do the same with your exercise, things you enjoy.
Have fun and enjoy a beautiful journey because that really is what you're on, we all are and having this community is a huge part of it for many of us. Keep working and keep us updated, ask questions constantly, be curious, be playful. It's an exciting thing ![]()
All the best,
Max