This morning I played with the first progressions for the shoulder, forward and back rolls + lizard. My goal was to move and experiment with the elements based on what I remembered from the course videos. If I could do the first element, I would move to the next. I didn’t want to eat up my tumbling time by watching videos and comparing details back and forth. Have you ever spent more time watching videos and comparing notes at a time that you “planned to” be moving?
This time, I was determined to move regardless of how I felt. My plan was:
I would not judge/assess on the spot. I would do my best and take it from there. At the end of my session, I’d take a quick video summarizing the elements I had worked on, so I could see where I am and what my form looks like. I’m sure there’re lots of details to fix and refine. Honestly, I was just happy to be able to roll forward and back to some degree.
Looks like I wasn’t pushing early or enough in my back roll. Also, do I need more of a leg kick for propulsion there? Am I on the right track? What else should I fix/watch for?
Then, when I was about to film (5 minutes before the rock climbing wall opened), a trainer took the center of the space to stretch her client, right in front of where I had just placed my camera, aghh!! I politely negotiated 2 min of time and she thankfully agreed to move to the side.
Although my video may look like nothing much, I really felt the time pressure of condensing on the fly what I did earlier and almost felt like a performance of sorts lol, “this is it, one chance only.” Sorry, the lighting is terrible.
https://youtu.be/FNhre6TjDwo