This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Integrating/tracking other sports in the weekly schedule

Started by Petra Dvorak, May 1, 2016 · 6 Replies · 199 Views

Petra Dvorak

Hi there!

I'm very new here, just started one week ago with F1. Now i have a question: Is there a possibility to track other sport activities in the history of my weekly schedule? Yesterday for example, i went bouldering outdoors. I cannot always plan this, because of weather, company, family etc. What i did was to cancel friday+saturday's workout and put those exercises on today (rainy). But i don't want to have these empty spaces in my history, it looks lazy ;-). What do you do in such cases?

Thanks for your answers!

Douglas Wadle

I log my workouts elsewhere (training peaks).  A lot of folks use paper notebooks or excel.  Use the scheduler/log to keep you on task, but it's not really conducive to being your all inclusive workout log (at least not yet).  It's getting better every year, though, so who knows what the future may bring.  

Lucas Laybourn

I have the same basic question. My sport is kite surfing and I don't know when or how often I'll get to go. My work is also physical, I'm a carpenter, but the intensity varies. From time to time all this leads to burnout. What do you more advanced folks do to make sure you keep progressing how do you know if you're doing too much or not enough?

Douglas Wadle

There are a lot of postings here about integrating other sports with GST.  Rather than reinvent the wheel here, check those out.  If you have trouble finding them I could link to a few.

Cory Fair

The ability to track other activities is something we'd like to add in the future, but our first priority is helping students be consistent and do the courses correctly. Far too many students with incomplete workouts every week and thus not getting past PE1/2/3. The greatest benefits are ahead, not in the beginning work.

Dorian Brown

Even something that would let you export your current weeks workout to excel would make it a lot easier. Though I'm sure coding that up would probably be a bit harder than it seems.

Arpad Halasz

I've chosen to prioritize the gymnastics training over my ashtanga yoga practice since I started a couple months ago. At first I tried to do both but it was too much (very sore all week long and tired) so I went from 6 days a week of yoga to 2 now with 2 days of F7 and 4 days of H1+H2, doing yoga during 2 of the handstand days.

So far I don't regret this choice at all because my yoga practice has improved a lot (I can now do some poses in the 3rd series that I couldn't a couple months ago) thanks to the gymnastics training so the sacrifice is well worth it in the long run.