This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE2 + iM

Started by Young Chan Park, May 1, 2016 · 4 Replies · 109 Views

Young Chan Park

Here to check my form.

 

How does it look?

A few questions.

1. I noticed my bottom ribs are sticking out a bit. Should I pull them in?

2. I'm depressing and retracting while doing the PE2 mobility. Is depression and retraction the correct scapular position for the iM?

 

I'm aware that my left arm is a bit weaker and less mobile so it doesn't go as high up as the right arm during the iM. I'm working on that.

Thanks

 

 

 

Tobias Magnussen

Great work. Overall it looks alright. however, i do have a few keypoints:

on the iM, you need to switch your grip on the bar with palms facing down.. 

90° angle/bar same level as shoulder is imperative, hands distance should be adjusted in order to work with arms parallel to the ground.  if you are not able to hold the bar at 90° the width is over your current ability. Therefore, increase the width until you are able to hold the bar at a 90° angle.

... also think we need an external load on the bar during the iM. 

Alessandro Mainente

The grip of the bar should be supinated, please stay focused on details.

The PE is good, try to practice away from the wall.

Alexander Egebak

The headstand looks slightly arched. Your feet (and your entire lower body) should be in line with your spine. Else it looks good.

Any particular reason you use cubes for cushion?

Young Chan Park
1 hour ago, Alexander Egebak said:

The headstand looks slightly arched. Your feet (and your entire lower body) should be in line with your spine. Else it looks good.

Any particular reason you use cubes for cushion?

The yoga matt is really thin so it really hurts my head.