This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Headache?

Started by Sam Andersen, April 30, 2016 · 5 Replies · 162 Views

Sam Andersen

Has anyone experienced headaches caused by tumbling?  I seem to get a headache every time I do the tumbling.  I try to be smooth but even a small bump and I get an immediate headache.  If anyone has experienced this have you found a cause for it or a fix for it?  Did your body just get used to tumbling and the headaches ceased? Thanks

Eva Pelegrin

Hi Sam, 

I just started the Tumbling course. I only noticed a little light headedness while rolling around, but nothing major. I'm sure I'll adjust with time :)

Coach Sommer

Too much speed of movement coupled with too much volume; either during a single turn or the overall workout.

Slow down the individual movements and perform only single reps at a time for the time being.  Rest as needed between turns.  Your inner ear needs time to adapt to being inverted while moving.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jared Birbeck

yes I have experienced headaches, and it seemed to be attached to doing too much too fast as Coach said. I have no problems now, but the rolls are smoother as I've slowed down. It had helped that my kids like to join in too...so now we have to take turns :lol: 

Sam Andersen

Thanks for the thoughts and insights.  I appreciate the feedback.  I will try slowing way down. I hope that will prevent the headaches.  As I write this I still have the headache from Saturday.  I really want to continue with the Movement series.  Thank you.

Arpad Halasz

I did my first tumbling workout today and also experienced some dizzyness when I played with T1/3.3 and T1/5.1 at the end. I had no trouble doing the moves but after 4 rolls it was as if I was completely drunk for a few seconds :)