This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elbows discomfort in SE3

Started by Guido Franchetti, April 29, 2016 · 2 Replies · 116 Views

Guido Franchetti

How much discomfort is too much? Currently I feel some discomfort in the elbows during the exercise, and I surely feel it quite a bit at the end of it. However if I shake a bit it goes away very quickly (probably a minute or so). As a side note I have noticed the pretty obvious thing that if I shift some weights from the arms to the bum my elbows feel better - but probably that is not what one should do.

Actually I feel the same kind of elbows discomfort by the end of SE 1, rocking table. How do I tell if what I am doing is fine or if I am doing a bit too much? 

Maksis Riley

I think if it goes away after your set is over and there is no pain following the workout then you are fine. 

 

In the actual moment it can be pretty tough to tell but just edge on the side of caution and gradually we will develop more sensitivity to what our body needs.

 

Personally in these elements, I feel "pressure" in the elbows but not something I would describe as pain. They are a little stiff when I exit the stretch but quickly get bloodflow back and I end up with a nice bicep pump :lol:

 

Max

Guido Franchetti

Thanks Max, I should be fine then. Indeed it is not pain but surely a bit of discomfort, and as you say stiffness at exit of the stretch which goes away quickly.  In any case I'll try to be cautious!