This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE1 + iM

Started by Ian Gibson, April 29, 2016 · 5 Replies · 102 Views

Ian Gibson

Hey guys. Here's my 4th set of 15 tuck ups with the iM. How is my form? Is the ROM enough on the windmills? 

Pardon the pup.

 

Young Chan Park

Try doing the tuck slower, not touching the floor with your hands, and pause briefly when tucked. 

 

For the iM, I'll quote Cole when he corrected my iM since some of it looks like it'll apply to you

For keeping the weight directly over your shoulder, it looks like you're doing a much better job then when I first started this element. Although I can see the weight going slightly off perpendicular sometimes

Cole Dano said:

The iM needs a bit of help however, I think part of the problem is you are using too a light a weight for your ability.

 

- Hinge more form the hips rather than bend from the side

- Keep the weight balance directly over your shoulder. (A heavier weight will make this more obvious)

- Face more sideways with your body, not so much towards the floor, again a heavier weight will help here

Ian Gibson

Thanks for the advice! 

I'll definitely slow things down. For some reason this was the goal tempo in my mind, but the course video is significantly slower. I've probably been using my fingers to help balance without realizing it. I've been using 5# for the windmills but I'll try 10# and post new videos after my workout tomorrow. 

Giovanni Garcea

Also, one of the common suggestions for this exercise is to relax completely between reps. It looks to me that your are keeping the core engaged and not letting the back of your hands rest completely before re-engaging for the next rep.

Ian Gibson

Today I tried to:

1) Slow down. A lot. 

2) Hold the top position for longer. 

3) Relax my upper body in the bottom position. 

4) Keep my fingers off the floor. 

5) Point my toes in the top position. 

I think I added too many focus points too quickly because I failed a couple of them on some reps. I also increased the iM weight to 10# and I can feel now when I go out of alignment. I'm gonna spend a little while working on these things and check in soon. 

Videos from today:

 

Young Chan Park

Nice improvement :)

Yeah just need to do the element for a while to make those points subconscious :P