This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

pHS/PE4, pHS/PE5, pHS/PE6

Started by Matthew Hanham, April 28, 2016 · 0 Replies · 143 Views

Matthew Hanham

I was wondering about how PE4, PE5 and PE6 are to be performed and this comment (about PE3) raised a question.

I have always assumed that the forward lean refers to the degree the shoulders travel forward of the hands.  In the videos for PE4, PE5 and PE6 the demonstrators tend to keep a straight(ish) back.  It seems to me that allowing the back to curve during this exercise would allow the shoulders to be more open reducing lean.  Keeping the back straight makes this more of a planche press like exercise.  For me at the moment, it is easier to approach this as kind of reverse jefferson curl, curling my back up whilst trying to keep my shoulders open allows a larger range of motion in terms of how far I can get my feet up the block.

So my question is, straight back or not?