This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS SE2

Started by Damon Amato, April 27, 2016 · 3 Replies · 129 Views

Damon Amato

So I breezed through foundation one for SLS, completing everything appropriately. I get to SE2, pistol squat holds, and I can't get into the position without falling or cramping. Even if I do with help, when I stick my front leg out straight, it cramps and I can't hold it. Has anyone found a way in between SE1 and SE2 to progress?

Jeremy Huston

My idea for "SE1.5", you could do reps with the straight leg:

  • Start as in SE2 -- get into pistol position.
  • Lower the front leg to the ground and lift it back up -- straight the whole time
  • Work up to 10 reps each side

This should help achieve the ankle/hip mobility in the bent leg as well as strengthen the hip flexors of the straight leg. Also remember, tight hamstrings and hips make your hip flexors work even harder, so a better pike will help.

 

Ian Howard

Damon, I realise this is a late response, but have you been doing any of the stretch series? Particularly, the Front Split series? How have the progressions come along since your original post?

Alessandro Mainente

When the straight leg is achieved , the more it is tight the hamstring of the same leg the more harder will be lock the knee. so before try to stretch out your hamstring.