This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rings 2 / 3?

Started by Koa Thompson, April 27, 2016 · 14 Replies · 616 Views

Koa Thompson

Is there any programming that has you doing muscle ups, iron cross, maltese work or is rings one just prep so that you can tackle the really advanced stuff on your own?

Briac Roquet

Unless there have been a change of plans, Rings 2 and 3 are coming. When they come out depends on how we can master the rest of the programmes. ;)

Alessandro Mainente

If you can almost warm up with Foundations 4, maybe exception for manna you are ready for rings. sorry I forgot Handstand 1 and probably 2.

Can you?

Jonas Winback

The great thing about being able to look at future progressions, be they near or far into the future, is that it’s a great motivator to know what is to come if you work hard and diligently for months and years. That the exercises you do don’t just have a value of their own, but will be used later on for more advanced things. Like gazing along a rainbow and seeing the impossible treasure at the far end, always aiming to reach it. That’s one of the things I love about this entire concept. J

Jon Douglas
2 hours ago, Jonas Winback said:

The great thing about being able to look at future progressions, be they near or far into the future, is that it’s a great motivator to know what is to come if you work hard and diligently for months and years. That the exercises you do don’t just have a value of their own, but will be used later on for more advanced things. Like gazing along a rainbow and seeing the impossible treasure at the far end, always aiming to reach it. That’s one of the things I love about this entire concept. J

Yes and no. I agree it's great and I like to look at both the end product and the immediate next step to get a bit of fire underneath me, but it is easy to get a bit dismissive of current work and focus on the end rather than the process. A couple of times I have rushed elements by looking ahead and had to step back to find where the gaps were.

For now manna, H3, and that video of Coach's boy doing reverse muscle-ups are enough rainbow to keep me going :D

 

Jonas Winback
36 minutes ago, Jon Douglas said:

Yes and no. I agree it's great and I like to look at both the end product and the immediate next step to get a bit of fire underneath me, but it is easy to get a bit dismissive of current work and focus on the end rather than the process. A couple of times I have rushed elements by looking ahead and had to step back to find where the gaps were.

For now manna, H3, and that video of Coach's boy doing reverse muscle-ups are enough rainbow to keep me going :D

 

Definitely, as you say, it's paramount to keep your primary focus on the exercises in front of you and not get ahead of yourself. As for me, I can keep myself busy for a looong time to come, if I ever reach things like a manna. This kind of a training concept gives me as much daily gratification as reaching a set goal does though, so I'm not in a hurry :)

Coach Sommer

Hi Jonas,

The best possible preparation you could do for Rings 2, 3 & 4 would be to build up to Foundation 4 and Handstands 1 & 2.  

They are going to be not only helpful, but essential for successfully handling Rings 2.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jonas Winback

I'll do my best, Coach Sommer. Thanks!

Oussama KHELLADI
7 hours ago, Coach Sommer said:

Hi Jonas,

The best possible preparation you could do for Rings 2, 3 & 4 would be to build up to Foundation 4 and Handstands 1 & 2.  

They are going to be not only helpful, but essential for successfully handling Rings 2.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Very excited to discover the content of 2 3 4 :P in the mean while we are preparing for them xD

Kai Ewert

I think Coach Sommer is being patiently impatient about releasing these ;)

 

Alessandro Mainente

Actually people who can access ,train safety and with high proficiency the rings 2-3 are a couple in the GB students world, so for now no reason to release these courses.

Alessandro Mainente

Well guys on rings 2 I believe we are going to build up rings handstand, trust me that a strong floor handstand reduces a lot the learning time, also consider that a part of the press to handstand on rings it is considered a preparation for adv rings element. if you cannot do on floor...no way to do on rings.

Bradley OConnell

Has Rings 1 always ended with the Negative Muscle Up or is has that been changed? I'm no where near ready, but was just looking through the course and was curious.

Cole Dano
1 hour ago, Bradley OConnell said:

Has Rings 1 always ended with the Negative Muscle Up or is has that been changed? I'm no where near ready, but was just looking through the course and was curious.

The REV MU progression has always ended there.

Bradley OConnell

Thanks Cole.