This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How i set up at home for Arch Ups

Started by Greg White, April 27, 2016 · 9 Replies · 411 Views

Greg White

I had some interest on how my feet were anchored during Arch Ups. My form check video didn't show my feet so i made this video. Hope it helps.

 

 

 

 

Marek Dibusz

That is pretty clever :) - I was using a space in between two cupboards (one on the ground - on which I was prone; and one on the wall directly above - on which I anchored my feet) - worked fine, but the versatility of your setup is way ampler! Congratulations :)

Greg White
19 hours ago, Marek Dibusz said:

That is pretty clever :) - I was using a space in between two cupboards (one on the ground - on which I was prone; and one on the wall directly above - on which I anchored my feet) - worked fine, but the versatility of your setup is way ampler! Congratulations :)

Thanks Marek. I had all types of overly complicated ideas before i realised this one.  

Dora Choi

That's a clever idea! I lie on a bench, and have my feet under a heavy table.

Xabier Errea Mayo

I use a substitute for the back straps, made with the cords of the gymnastic rings and a dip belt,  and trap the cords against a closed door...and works wonders!! If you have interest I can post a photo of the setup

Greg White
On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 0:34 PM, Xabier Errea Mayo said:

I use a substitute for the back straps, made with the cords of the gymnastic rings and a dip belt,  and trap the cords against a closed door...and works wonders!! If you have interest I can post a photo of the setup

A photo would be good. The more ideas the better!

Xabier Errea Mayo

This is the setup version when I'm working out at the gym. When I'm traveling I just trap the ring sraps on the edge of a closed door.

It works wonders!

IMG_20160506_075754.jpg

IMG_20160506_075741.jpg

Greg White
4 hours ago, Xabier Errea Mayo said:

This is the setup version when I'm working out at the gym. When I'm traveling I just trap the ring sraps on the edge of a closed door.

It works wonders!

IMG_20160506_075754.jpg

IMG_20160506_075741.jpg

In the set up pictured where/how do you anchor your feet? I think i have an idea of how it works but not sure? Cheers.

Xabier Errea Mayo

On this specific setup I set my feet on the black bar below as it is done against a stall bar in some demo videos on the forum, but I like the door system better

Greg White
4 hours ago, Xabier Errea Mayo said:

On this specific setup I set my feet on the black bar below as it is done against a stall bar in some demo videos on the forum, but I like the door system better

Great ideas. If I'm training away from home I'll use these.