This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elevated bridge height

Started by Petri Widsten, April 27, 2016 · 2 Replies · 120 Views

Petri Widsten

20160427_122245_37134[1].jpgThis is my current elevated bridge form. I'd like advise on whether to stay with my legs at this height, go lower or to go higher.

Wesley Tan

You want to get your legs straight with the elevated bridge.

Whole point of elevated bridge is to allow the shoulders and thoracic spine to open gradually, in the correct shape (so legs straight) whilst lessening the degree of extension in the lumbar spine.

Ideally the markers you should look for are; 

  1. Shoulders vertically in line with wrists
  2. Legs straight

Have your feet as high as necessary in order to achieve those points. From your pic you will need to move away from the box somewhat. Then you gradually decrease the height of the feet (over months) until they reach the floor with those same markers being maintained.

Petri Widsten

Thanks Wesley. I wasn't aware of the legs straight requirement so good thing I asked.