This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

GB Methodology

Started by Viktor Jansson, April 26, 2016 · 1 Replies · 152 Views

Viktor Jansson

Things in motion, stay in motion! I'm two weeks into Foundation F7 2 Day and a couple of weeks of focused effort down with the stretch series - it's THE best investment I've ever made toward my goal (aiming to become a national gymnastic team member 2020)!!

However, currently I'm "only" able to complete Foundation on Thursdays and Fridays. What is your point of view from a strategic standpoint? Go hard on Thursday and deload on Friday or simply wait for the forth week, which obviously is a deload week, and go hard on those days during three weeks with matching steps until then?

Have a fantastic day :) 

Cameron Williams

In my view doing F7 two days in a row is not optimal for recovery. The best way to do it would be to spread the 2 workouts by at least 3 days to start. So, Mon/Thurs or Tues/Fri would be great if you can do it.

If you truly can't design your week to do that, I think just doing it once per week would be better than two days in a row.

Everyone has to find their "sweet spot" where you're challenging your body to adapt, but not working it so hard that recovery is incomplete. Some people can do F7 3 times per week and be fine... others will be good with once per week.

For me, the 3 day split (F1) works very well... I did 4 days/week for a while, but that was a little too much so I scaled it back.

Other factors involved as well: intensity of workouts, sleep, nutrition, stress. These will all factor into your recovery.

If you can afford it, I highly recommend Thrive nutrition and GB Pro+. Thrive will optimize recovery and GB Pro+ will optimize intensity.

Best of luck and welcome to the program!

Cam