This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Workout routines

Started by David Picó García, March 28, 2008 · 3 Replies · 1,083 Views

David Picó García

I would like to start a thread of workout routines, not logs, that have worked for you, or just doing it right now. Something like most of us do asking what do you think of my routine, but instead of asking just posting it for everyone, and unified into one thread so we could have a lot of routines to compare, from very beginning to advanced.

Something like days a week, exercises per day and series and reps.

I know its a bad start but i don't have any routine to post (thats way i want you to share yours :D )

kbryk

Well I guess I'll post my core workout, this is not including front/back lever work.

With these exercises I use ankle weights, I think it is + 7 pounds on each ankle.

Start off with a simple 12 second hollow hold.

12 V-ups.

12 twisting crunches to the left, then 12 to the right.

10 Candle stick raises, with ankle weights these are pretty tough.

12 normal full sit ups, chest to the knees nice and controlled.

Next I grab a 50 pound dumbbell and do 10 side bends to the left and 10 to my right side. On days I don't want to use my dumbbell because I really try to stay away from weights, I do side planks, or bending side planks I'm not sure what you call these.

Then I end with grabbing on my rings or on my pullup bar and doing 10 leg raises.

This is one set :), I do three sets.

Raizen

Cool stuff. How does your core workout fit into the rest of your routine? (as in how many day is this practiced per week, and what of the other muscles?)

Right now, I'm training Muay Thai very heavily lately because its become my newest passion, and so my routine is rather generic and simple:

Monday & Thursday

-Planche Pushups: 4x2 (though I'm not quite adept at those yet)

-Handstand Pushups: 4x2 (on rings w/ light ankle weights for difficulty)

-Weighted Pistols: 4x2 (usually I just hold a barbell or dumbells above me)

-Good Mornings: 3x3 (my back gets worked by the p. pushups, so this is really just secondary work)

Tuesday & Thursday

-Front Lever Pullups: 4x2 (a little weak on these as well, but I can do them)

-Weighted Chinups: 4x2 (weight belt w/ chain, and on rings)

-Romanian Deadlift: 4x2 (sometimes this becomes a sumo deadlift)

-Dragon Flags: 3x3 (secondary due to f-lever work, ankle weights attached)

Muay Thai on Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday, as well as Friday if I dont have other social plans haha. Class almost alway includes sprinting intervals, usually tabata, as well as significant endurance work, technique practice, and toooooons of sparring. Its fun and intense. Generally I have to fit in my strength training around work and classes. Because of that reason, along with my not wanting to be too tired for Muay Thai, and of course my laziness as far as creativity goes, I just sort of follow those generic parameters, though I'm thinking of starting cycling again. Strength isnt my main concern right now, so much as power and speed are.

David Picó García

Day 1 and 4:

MuscleUp 8X1 (Those are included to arrive to support on dips)

Ring dips 5x5

L-sit to tuck planche on rings 3x5

Skin the cat 4x4

Front lever (negatives from inverted hang) 6x1

Handstand pushups 5x(8-5)

Pseudo planche pushups 5x(10-5)

Front lever pulls 5x5

Rope climbs 3x1

Cranks 3x3

(the skin the cat and front lever usually are the same trying to do the skin the cat but with a back lever and returning to hang in a front lever negative)

Day 2 and 5:

Handstand 3x60s

Bench Press 4x(8-3)

Leg presses(machine) 4x(15-10)

Pistols 5x3

Calves (machine) 4x12

Horizontal stair 4x1

Hanging leg rises 3x5

Abs planks 1x60s

Assisted Cross pulls 3x3

(At this moment pistols are just negative pistols)

Day 3,6, 7: Rest