Hi all,
I'd really appreciate feedback. I've only just realised that i should have added PPT to the Pushups so this is my first attempt with PPT.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Greg White, April 25, 2016 · 7 Replies · 164 Views
Hi all,
I'd really appreciate feedback. I've only just realised that i should have added PPT to the Pushups so this is my first attempt with PPT.
You've got the right idea, now to make it steady and solid.
One thing, it looks like you are flaring your elbows out quite a bit, try to keep them more to the sides at the bottom.
3 hours ago, Cole Dano said:You've got the right idea, now to make it steady and solid.
One thing, it looks like you are flaring your elbows out quite a bit, try to keep them more to the sides at the bottom.
Thanks Cole. I didn't notice the flaring previously.
Re the steady and solid comment do you mean to maintain the same body shape throughout the set? I notice i added more protraction at the top of the reps half way through the set.
Cheers.
Yes, as best as possible same shape throughout. Changing many times through a set is s sign you're not yet comfortable with the exercise, which is what we are striving for.
Cheers Cole. I'll post a video with improved technique in a few days. ![]()
On 4/25/2016 at 5:55 PM, Cole Dano said:Yes, as best as possible same shape throughout. Changing many times through a set is s sign you're not yet comfortable with the exercise, which is what we are striving for.
Hi Cole.
Here's an updated video. I focused on keeping the elbows in and tried and to keep a consistent shape.
Thanks
Looks much better!
One thing you might play with, most yoga mats are too narrow for my hands to fit comfortably on in push ups. See how if feels if your little fingers are off the edge off the edge of the mat.
8 hours ago, Cole Dano said:Looks much better!
One thing you might play with, most yoga mats are too narrow for my hands to fit comfortably on in push ups. See how if feels if your little fingers are off the edge off the edge of the mat.
Thanks Cole.
I'll experiment with the hand width.