This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

pHS PE 1 check: Plank Press and Inverted Pike Pull

Started by Douglas Reinot, April 25, 2016 · 2 Replies · 124 Views

Douglas Reinot

I've hit a couple road blocks in my training, so I'm headed back to basics. I know I have gaps and I'm hoping you fine folks can help direct my attention where it belongs. How does PE and iM one look from where you are?

 

 

Coach Sommer

- Going back to basics is always a good idea.  The higher the goals you aspire to, the more refined your basics must be to successfully support those goals.

- Do not duck your chin to your chest during the plank presses.  

Later this will be fine, but for now keep your ears between your arms and tilt your chin just enough so that if you look thru your eyebrows you can just see your thumbs on the edge of your peripheral vision.

- Let's also work on flattening that lower back at the top of the plank press.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Douglas Reinot

Thanks, Coach!