This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Redoing HBP/PE3 with same hands position as sPL/PE5?

Started by Arpad Halasz, April 24, 2016 · 2 Replies · 142 Views

Arpad Halasz

I finally mastered last week the planche leans with my hands at hips level and moved to the elevated position (where I managed to do 5x 18" yesterday so it'll be probably take me at least a month to master it). In the HBP series I'm currently at HBP/PE8 but when I mastered HBP/PE3 my hands weren't as far as they are now in my lean planche.

My question is simple, is it a good idea to go back to the PPP and try to master them again with the same hands position I now have in the planche lean? I've been reading some topics in the F2 forum and it seems it will be required to do that for when I'll be at sPL/SE1iM.

Kate Abernethy

Yes. Basics, some more than others and HBP PE3 being one of them, always need to be revisited and improved upon.

Arpad Halasz

I went back to HBP/PE3 today after my sets of elevated planche leans and it was humbling: I didn't manage more than 3 clean reps on the 5 sets I did but this time I was leaning even deeper and my hands were beyond the hips at the bottom position of the push ups. A long way to go to get to 10 reps like that but I loved the challenge :)