Hi Coaches. I am still here and have been working hard on F1 and H1. Looking for the thumbs up to move on to the next element. Thanks for watching! :-)
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Tracey Weaver, April 24, 2016 · 4 Replies · 83 Views
Hi Coaches. I am still here and have been working hard on F1 and H1. Looking for the thumbs up to move on to the next element. Thanks for watching! :-)
- I'd say you should try and rotate your torso a bit more, instead of just moving your arms from side to side.
- You keep your arms straight, which is great! I kept them bent earlier, which is wrong ![]()
Hi Tracey,
Great start! I would suggest to lock your arms upfront and drive the movement from your spine. This is a very simple movement, yet it still requires focus to be performed correctly. Get in that zone ![]()
Try bringing more awareness to your LEFT rotation and don’t bend your right arm. Also, a straight back line is the goal here so make sure you don’t flex (round) your upper back at any point. It’s more important to demonstrate your body control and spinal rotation in the transverse plane than to aim to touch the floor with the dumbbell, which may cause undesired compensations.
Your >iM looks good. I would try to amplify the movement by making a bigger circle with your hips. Cheers.
You guys are getting too picky, this is fine.
Yes, arm could be straighter, but it's not a compensation that's causing any issue. ROM is good, weight is behind the hips. Main thing is this looks natural and 'easy'. The iM could be more fluid but is acceptable.
Move on and keep a set of this with it's iM in warm up for a while.
Thank you. I will keep the hip circle in my warm up. Excited to move on to the next element! ![]()