This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Personal Introduction - F1 & H1 for C-section recovery

Started by Rebekka Eckhaus, April 20, 2016 · 4 Replies · 189 Views

Rebekka Eckhaus

Hi all,

It's great to join the GB community, and I'd like to introduce myself.  My name is Rebekka, and I'm a 36 year old, working mom.  Although I seriously practiced yoga asana for about 15 years, I have had chronic lower back pain--basically, your typical imbalanced strength with weakness and lack of connection in key areas, in addition to some areas of hypermobility.
 
I started corrective exercises several years ago, using kettlebells and sandbag to target weak areas, such as glutes, hip flexors, and overall back chain.  I continued modified workouts throughout my pregnancy and was able to maintain excellent health.
 
However, when my son was born a at the end of June, 2015, I had to have an emergency C-section (unrelated to my health condition--umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck; happy to say he's quite healthy).  Now, it's been almost 10 months.  Even though I had great pregnancy, I've had a lot of trouble recovering from the surgery.  I started with simple cross-pattern exercises and then with Steve Maxwell's animal movements.  
 
My husband bought me the GB Online Classes in September.  I started with necessary modifications for some exercises, but I really enjoyed the workouts and saw steady progress.
 
I finally got up the courage to start Foundation 1 and Handstand 1 a little over a month ago.  Needless to say, it's kicking my butt, but it's a great challenge.  The hardest part for me has been finding the time with my baby, work, and home responsibilities, but I'm seeing progress already.  I'm sure I'll be on the forum soon begging for advice.
 
Looking forward to searching the forum for tips and guidance.  Thanks!
 
Rebekka
Olli Kantola

Hello Rebekka,

It's great to hear you story. Also, congratulations for your baby! ^^ I'm a month ahead of you and enjoying the ride.

Taking care of your health and well-being with GST has gotta be a ton of work in your situation, but I feel that you are doing right by both yourself and by your family. Keep up the good work!

Mark Collins

You are in the right place.

Rebekka Eckhaus

Thanks for all your support!  I'm really glad I finally got started.  

Mats Trane
On 20 april 2016 at 5:06 PM, Rebekka Eckhaus said:

Hi all,

The hardest part for me has been finding the time with my baby, work, and home responsibilities, but I'm seeing progress already.  I'm sure I'll be on the forum soon begging for advice.
 
Looking forward to searching the forum for tips and guidance.  Thanks!
 
Rebekka

Welcome to GB and the forum Rebekka. 

This is exactly one of the bigger,reasons I started and stayed with GB. Most the exercises one can du at home. Saving a lot of time traveling back and forth to the gym. I my self is a father of 3 kids and part owner of a small company so I know exactly what you're talking about.