This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE3 with depression

Started by Wayne Grima, April 20, 2016 · 4 Replies · 115 Views

Wayne Grima

Hi, I've just begun sPL/PE3 and posted a form check. It was recommended that I start getting use to depressing

the scapular to train for the elements coming up. I liked this tip. At the moment my shoulders are directly over my

wrists. When I do it with the scaps protracted and depressed would this plank hold look more like a planche lean?

I ask as to do this correctly and not THINK I'm doing it correctly only to find I have been training in error months

down the track, I hate it when that happens lol. Below is the link to my form check for this element.

Cole Dano

It might 'feel' like a PLL to you at first, but it won't look like one at all.

I say feel because in the form check you posted, it may feel like a plank to you,but actually your shoulders are behind your hands not over so, that movement forward combined with the depression/protraction may feel to you like you're leaning forward. However that feeling will soon pass as you get used to the correct position.

Wayne Grima
1 hour ago, Cole Dano said:

It might 'feel' like a PLL to you at first, but it won't look like one at all.

I say feel because in the form check you posted, it may feel like a plank to you,but actually your shoulders are behind your hands not over so, that movement forward combined with the depression/protraction may feel to you like you're leaning forward. However that feeling will soon pass as you get used to the correct position.

Thanks Cole. If I may pick your brain, is my form check ok or do I have to lean forward more?  Thanks.

Cole Dano

Shift your shoulders about 2 inches forward so your arms are vertical. 

Wayne Grima
17 minutes ago, Cole Dano said:

Shift your shoulders about 2 inches forward so your arms are vertical. 

Thank you, understood, you guy's have got a keen eye, I hope I get that skill :)