This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE7 form check

Started by Jason Dupree, April 20, 2016 · 7 Replies · 113 Views

Jason Dupree

VIDEO1222_0000028157.jpg

What can be done to make it better?

Alessandro Mainente

POsition should be fixed, shoulders and hips must be over the wrists.

Jason Dupree

I suppose it's not as simple as just moving the hands closer to the wall since that would close the shoulders? To get the feel for it, would it be ok to start by moving shoulders and hips forward off the wall to over my wrists and work my way in from there, or should I work my way in keeping as straight as possible?

Alessandro Mainente

yes, if you notice the course photo the hips are a bit forward, this does not mean that you need to sty pike, you will be in a perfect hollow position with arms overhead.

Jason Dupree

Cool, I have my homework. Thanks for your feedback Alessandro

Mark Schoenhard

In the course photo, are Alan's hands the correct distance apart?

Maksis Riley

I think he has them wider as it will translate better to his apparatus work?? I'm not sure at all on this but it's my guess. :)

 

For us we want the shoulder width AFAIK

 

 

Max

Jason Dupree

Took me a few workouts to find a form I was satisfied with. I'd still like to get closer, but that will be a matter of conditioning I think. I'm still within the 6-12 specification of the course. Any more improvements to make?

VIDEO1260_0000035893.jpg

Screenshot_2016-05-03-21-35-02.png