This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE1 form check

Started by Harald Gimse Jr, April 19, 2016 · 3 Replies · 66 Views

Harald Gimse Jr

Hello, form check on this one? It was my last set of 5x30. Not going for mastery yet as im getting a little shaky at the end.

Maksis Riley

Hey Harald, nice work mate! A few things I noticed:

 

-Slow down a bit; aim to pull into position rather than throw yourself there.

-I believe we're shooting for about a 45° lean with this one.

-Try as much as you can to make the motion happen from a twist of the torso rather than a reach with the arms; try to think of the arms doing nothing but extending straight out from your chest.

 

I think it may help you to use a heavier weight. It will make it more difficult of course but at the same time it almost helps facilitate greater ROM. Also I think it would be good to lower the reps and work them slower, even pausing on each side for a second and use your obliques to squeeze into position.

 

These can be such a pain because there are so many ways the body compensates to make the movement easier but I think you're doing great.

 

Max

Jon Douglas

As above. Goodrange but we want a bit more controlled reps, and closer to a 45 lean as above :) you'll probably need a bit more bend in your knees. On the right track :)

Harald Gimse Jr

Thank you, i'll post a new video once i got these things sorted out :)