Hi Jeff,
A few times a week in my salad I use the organic Applegate cold cuts (turkey or ham), also maybe once a week the Turkey Bacon they have. Are these OK as alternative protein sources?
Thank you.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Mehmet Yuce, April 19, 2016 · 6 Replies · 174 Views
Hi Jeff,
A few times a week in my salad I use the organic Applegate cold cuts (turkey or ham), also maybe once a week the Turkey Bacon they have. Are these OK as alternative protein sources?
Thank you.
Sure
Sweet, thanks.
I didn't see turkey bacon the first time round. Why turkey bacon? Is it because you like it or believe its heathy-er?
Yes, I think I just like it better, although I also eat regular bacon. Not regularly, but from time to time. One reason I asked about the turkey bacon was because on the packaging it said to be formed from turkey thighs, and it reminded me of the you tube videos of how they make chicken nuggets. Applegate products - at least the ones I use - seem to be pretty decent, and I didn't want to automatically trash it, just because I saw the word "formed" on the package. So I wanted to ask if you knew more about it.
Applegate is just marketing. They all make the chicken nugget type stuff. Its a matter of price. There is no way you can roast a whole turkey and cut it into slices and still have a competitive price.
If it comes in a package something nefarious happened. Its just a matter of how bad is it. In this case I think its okay. We cant live in a bubble as well as our nutrition is here to supplement our life and make it so that we can do more with our life not the other way around. Not live to eat a specific way.
Thank you for the feedback. I don't live on this stuff, so I thought it would be ok, but was just curious.