Continuing my initial assessment of F1 work, thanks in advance for the feedback! Here is MN PE1 +iM. Tempo in the PE 1 is slower than in PRO+, but I found that at the moment if I go faster I cannot focus on PPT.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Guido Franchetti, April 19, 2016 · 9 Replies · 187 Views
Continuing my initial assessment of F1 work, thanks in advance for the feedback! Here is MN PE1 +iM. Tempo in the PE 1 is slower than in PRO+, but I found that at the moment if I go faster I cannot focus on PPT.
Hey Guido, I can see you are struggling with pace. So it might be best to focus on the movement and is becomes more natural to you you can build up to the demonstrated pace.
The biggest thing to work on is moving legs and torso at the same time, right now you are moving one part at a time. This naturally takes longer to do than just pulling your knees and chest together at once. But it does take a certain amount of strength/coordination that you might need a little time to build to. Generally it doesn't take too long though, since already you have the needed ROM.
Thanks Cole! Right, in going down I definitely move first the legs and then the torso, and for most of the reps in coming up I am not doing any better. Funny how now that you pointed it out it seems pretty obvious, but I did not notice it myself.
Do the stiff leg windmills look fine?
So, having the torso and legs moving together when going down was easy enough to correct. However, moving them simultaneously when coming up is quite a different story: if I pull my legs in the exact same moment I am also lifting my torso then the movement is much more taxing on the abs, and I probably need to step back a few steps - no problem with that if that's what I should do.
Since how hard the exercise is changes a lot depending on how soon I pull the legs what is the correct way of doing it? Legs and torso exactly together also on the way up? Or is it fine to initiate the movement with the torso and pull in the legs slightly afterwards?
It may be what you have to do as a step to building the necessary strength to do them correctly.
Just treat doing them that way as a stepping stone. Go through the progression and start over after you've reached 5x15r this time doing them with proper timing.
What's important to understand, is if you have a hard time doing them properly here, the next elements will be impossible.
Thanks Cole, will do as you suggest
All right, here is another attempt. I tried to start the movement with the legs, or at least having legs and torso more in sync. The last few reps definitely show fatigue creeping in, but how about the initial ones?
My iM has not changed much from the one posted above, is it on the right track? I usually do it with 5-6 kg, but at home 3kg is the best I have got.
Once you get past the first couple of reps, the timing starts to fall into place. So you've got the idea, now it's just living with this for a awhile until it's solid.
Would this be fine for mastery?
Mobility is no clear from that angle, so here is a separate video
3 hours ago, Guido Franchetti said:Would this be fine for mastery?
Yes, some reps are a little less coordinated than others but it's nothing major. Overall it's good and there are still two more similar elements to work the little hiccups.