Of course, there are lots of factors to consider,but I want to know roughly how long will it take me from foundation 2 to mastering all foundation series??
supposing I train with no injury and textbook style as coach says
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Jun Jung, April 16, 2016 · 8 Replies · 443 Views
Of course, there are lots of factors to consider,but I want to know roughly how long will it take me from foundation 2 to mastering all foundation series??
supposing I train with no injury and textbook style as coach says
Jun Jung,
Wow, that was fast! You have posted two times, not shared one single form check and you want us to speculate about a ghost??You cannot be serious.
Have you bothered reading the GST introduction or listening to the F1 Webinar? You may find your answer there and some food for thought.
My advice, hang around the forum, read and learn as much as you can, and you will be better prepared to guesstimate how long it will take you – if that is so important to you. I don't think anyone here can give you the answer without assessing your current level.
You have finished Foundation One in three weeks? Having physically tested and passed the mastery standard for all 42 progressions? With only actually logging into the course for 10 of those days and without inputting a single workout log?
Respectfully, while it's not impossible you are going to find it hard for most to accept your word on this without providing video. We may need, however, to revisit some of basics of how the courses work.
I thought if I can do the mastery of last stage of foundation 1, I was done with that.
would have to read more information...
Yep you misread that Jun. as has been discussed many times on this forum and in the course materials, even if you can do a later stage progression, you have to first get past the earlier ones. I think you will find some challenging items present that will keep you occupied for a number of months. also remember that the iM has to be passed before you move on as well. The goal is not to move on as fast as possible, but to milk the most from each progression as possible. It is not a race. This is a sustainable fitness program that will keep you making progress for years to come if you follow the proper programming. Good luck with your training.
You will need to start over, Jun and master each and every PE and iM in order. You have skipped over the vast majority of the course materials.
Don't worry. You are not alone in this misunderstanding. Some great course programming updates coming in the very near future that will prevent this kind of oversight from occurring.
I'm sure that they will also piss quite a few of you off. The resulting moaning, wailing and gnashing of teeth should be quite entertaining. ![]()
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
For non-gymnasts...Depending on the current strength levels and previous sport training experience you have...finishing all of the Foundation series will take at least a few years.
On 4/17/2016 at 8:08 AM, Jun Jung said:I thought if I can do the mastery of last stage of foundation 1, I was done with that.
would have to read more information...
Jun, I've been following foundation course since october 2014, and at least considering my own experience I can tell you that not always I found the successive progressions more difficult than the previous ones.
Specifically for foundation one PE's I can give an example: probably if you have a proper amount of mobility (that you can achieve with the mastery of previous iMs) you could find mastery requirement of HBP/PE6, parallel bar dips, easier to achieve than HBP/PE3. I've been working on pseudo planche push for several months, and trust me, they are brutals! Anyway, this is not the only reason why you should test mastery of each PE's. Each PE is set there with that mastery requirement, coupled that iM, for a specifical reason. After months of practice, even a beginner student just like me can realize it.
After more than one year I've been still working on PE's covered in foundation one... This should be a reason to reject the program and follow another one that lets you to achieve your goals in a lower amount of time? mmmmh, no, I think this is a very weak thinking.
When I started to follow this course, I realized quite soon that probably I will take a looong time to complete it... I even don't know if I will ever complete it! However this has never been a reason to refuse this program. First of all I like to challenge myself, and this course is very very challenging, no doubt!... moreover no one runs after me! If I could turn back time I would start following this course again, I am sure of it!
Think of it like getting a 4 year degree in Gymnastics. That is the kind of commitment you are undertaking. I would think of decent level gymnastic strength, flexibility, and technique as an apprenticeship of 7 years.