This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2 Form check

Started by Atai Ariaz, April 16, 2016 · 8 Replies · 139 Views

Atai Ariaz

Hello, I'm pretty new to BW training, I checked a lot of FCs on this forum to see some highlighted tips and corrections on this perticular PE, after fixing some little things in my form  I wanted to post a video, as to check if I'm doing the PPT and protraction correctly;

Spoiler

 

 

*after watching a couple of times I get the feeling I need to bring the hands a bit closer and maybe keep a straighter mid back, but am afraid it'll tweak my protraction.

Cole Dano

Yes for GST, you'll want to have your hands at shoulder width apart and elbows pointing straight back at the bottom. 

Your body line is excellent, nothing to worry about there. 

I think this should be a pretty straightforward change for you to make.

Atai Ariaz
5 hours ago, Cole Dano said:

Yes for GST, you'll want to have your hands at shoulder width apart and elbows pointing straight back at the bottom. 

Your body line is excellent, nothing to worry about there. 

I think this should be a pretty straightforward change for you to make.

Improved? I still feel as though my back is a bit too "hollowish" so to speak...

Spoiler

 

 

Cole Dano

You're hips are too high yes.

It might be good to show us your HBP/ PE1 as that will be an easier place to work on the technical issues.

Also, where are you in the sPL progression? Are you working sPL/PE2? That is the best place to learn the basic shape we are looking for. 

Atai Ariaz
21 minutes ago, Cole Dano said:

You're hips are too high yes.

It might be good to show us your HBP/ PE1 as that will be an easier place to work on the technical issues.

Also, where are you in the sPL progression? Are you working sPL/PE2? That is the best place to learn the basic shape we are looking for. 

Well, I'm at sPL 4, but when I'll be home tomorrow I will take a picture sPL 2 and 3. 

Atai Ariaz
21 hours ago, Cole Dano said:

You're hips are too high yes.

It might be good to show us your HBP/ PE1 as that will be an easier place to work on the technical issues.

Also, where are you in the sPL progression? Are you working sPL/PE2? That is the best place to learn the basic shape we are looking for. 

Here:

(I didn't picture the whole mastery sets because it's a rest day, but it has not been a problem for me as of yet to test mastery for these progressions without technique failure)

Spoiler

Screenshot_20160417-212837[1].pngScreenshot_20160417-212816[1].png

 

Spoiler

 

thanks in advance

Cole Dano

Ok, thanks for getting all of that up. 

Everything there looks good, so it's just a matter of finding that nice plank shape you have and lowering it. 

It might be enough just to think that your hips have to come down slightly sooner than your chest.

It does look like your hip flexors are a bit tight, so  if you really find it impossible to get your hips to the floor, doing some hip flexor focused work may be the key.

Atai Ariaz
14 minutes ago, Cole Dano said:

Ok, thanks for getting all of that up. 

Everything there looks good, so it's just a matter of finding that nice plank shape you have and lowering it. 

It might be enough just to think that your hips have to come down slightly sooner than your chest.

It does look like your hip flexors are a bit tight, so  if you really find it impossible to get your hips to the floor, doing some hip flexor focused work may be the key.

First, thank you very much for your time! Much appreciated.

Second, if I upload a hip flexor ROM stretch for you to see, will you be able to tell by that if it might really be a problem with tight HFs?

Andrew Long

one more thing id add in there is try not to arch your neck up every time you go down in hbp pe2.