Hi guys, first of all: great forum with lots of useful information! I came here through Ido Portal's website and I'm glad I found it.
I've been playing capoeira for about seven years now and although capoeira in itself has already provided me with a certain level of strength, flexibility, body awareness and sense of balance, I'm very interested to see what additional bodyweight, flexibility, mobility and 'flow' training can do for me. Ido's work has been an inspiration for me in this regard.
Anyway! I'm designing a bodyweight routine that suits my needs and while experimenting with some of the FSPs I found that my active pike and straddle flexibility are lacking a bit. In passive-flexible terms, I can easily put my hands flat on the floor while standing, and I have a straddle 'sit' with about a 140° angle between my legs. When performing a V-sit or straddle-L I cannot hold the same angles yet. This probably sounds familiar to some of you guys.
My question: if the passive flexibility and dynamic flexibility are already there, will I eventually be able to 'pull' my limbs into the desired position just by focusing on active contraction of the antagonists? Or will I need to perform additional exercises and if so, can you describe a few?
Thanks a lot!