Hi Jeff,
is fruit a suitable source of starch for lunch and/or dinner?
How about bread and pasta? Are they suboptimal but acceptable or only rice, potatoes... count for the lunch and dinner starch tasks?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Guido Franchetti, April 15, 2016 · 5 Replies · 254 Views
Hi Jeff,
is fruit a suitable source of starch for lunch and/or dinner?
How about bread and pasta? Are they suboptimal but acceptable or only rice, potatoes... count for the lunch and dinner starch tasks?
According to what I remember from the lesson, fruit is ocassionally an acceptable substitute for starch, and bread and pasta are sub-optimal.
I remember reading in a forum post that "one day" a product like Exekial bread could be acceptable.
In the lesson he listed acceptable starches as white rice, white potatoes, sweet potatoes, and various types of squash.
Thanks Julia, I think you remember well! What I was wondering is to what extent is acceptable to substitute fruit for a starch regularly - it has the big advantage of not requiring cooking. Ditto for bread! All the optimal sources require some cooking. For being an Italian my consumption of bread/pasta is not particularly high, but still...
On 4/16/2016 at 11:25 PM, Julia Quigley said:According to what I remember from the lesson, fruit is ocassionally an acceptable substitute for starch, and bread and pasta are sub-optimal.
I remember reading in a forum post that "one day" a product like Exekial bread could be acceptable.
In the lesson he listed acceptable starches as white rice, white potatoes, sweet potatoes, and various types of squash.
do bananas do the work ?
Bananas are a fruit, so they count for occasionally filling in for starch.
I made it a habit to eat a fruit (like a banana) sometimes, right after my acrobatic training session. Could call this my snack. About 6:30 pm. Helps me to not get cravings before dinner, so you're able to cook in relaxation instead of buying something bad to fill your lost energy in haste.