This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Early dinner

Started by Tomas Johansson, April 14, 2016 · 7 Replies · 179 Views

Tomas Johansson

From your latest video it feels like you are making the assumption that everyone eats their dinner late.

I know many cultures eat late, like 7 or 8 pm or even later however that is not as usual where I live and I'm not about to change, for instance my kids go to bed at 8.

A usual day for me is breakfast at 7, lunch at 10:30, fruit/snack at 2pm. GST between 4 and 5 since thats the time I usually have available, dinner at 5, sometimes climbing/stretching or something between 7-8 and then some evening snack, often bread.

I don't know what comes later but are the steps still valid with this timings? I sometimes feel a bit low on energy during workout, would that be helped by lunch starch (maybe comes later) or bigger snack in afternoon, just a banana doesn't seem enough.

Also evening snack recommendations for us that doesn't eat dinner as last food of the day?

Jeff Serven

Yes that fits the timings. The answer to the rest does come in a later step, sorry. As for an evening snack, just eat the same thing you had for dinner. 

Tomas Johansson

Ok, thanks!

Antonio Alías Montoya
On 14/4/2016 at 7:37 AM, Tomas Johansson said:

From your latest video it feels like you are making the assumption that everyone eats their dinner late.

I know many cultures eat late, like 7 or 8 pm or even later however that is not as usual where I live and I'm not about to change, for instance my kids go to bed at 8.

A usual day for me is breakfast at 7, lunch at 10:30, fruit/snack at 2pm. GST between 4 and 5 since thats the time I usually have available, dinner at 5, sometimes climbing/stretching or something between 7-8 and then some evening snack, often bread.

8 pm? 7 pm? 5 pm!!!?? Hahahaha, oh my god! I have my dinner at 10pm! 5 hours later than you! This is SPAIN! :)

Jeff Serven

Touche

What time do you wake? 

Antonio Alías Montoya
11 hours ago, Jeff Serven said:

Touche

What time do you wake? 

I go to sleep at 00.30 and wake up at 8.00. But one should consider that Spain should have to same clock time than England and Portugal, not Germany, so we are one hour ahead the solar time during winter and 2 hours ahead solar time in summer, which means that when i have mi dinner at 10 pm in summer I m actually having it at 8 pm. We had the same time than England decades ago but Franco as a gest to Hitler and Germany changed it in 1942 or 43. And we never changed it again! We are used to it now!

Jeff Serven

Just bump your meals to the right. You still sleep the same amount. I eat breakfast at 5 something you eat breakfast at 8 something. You are just 3hr to the right. 

Carl Sandaker
On 4/14/2016 at 8:37 AM, Tomas Johansson said:

From your latest video it feels like you are making the assumption that everyone eats their dinner late.

I know many cultures eat late, like 7 or 8 pm or even later however that is not as usual where I live and I'm not about to change, for instance my kids go to bed at 8.

A usual day for me is breakfast at 7, lunch at 10:30, fruit/snack at 2pm. GST between 4 and 5 since thats the time I usually have available, dinner at 5, sometimes climbing/stretching or something between 7-8 and then some evening snack, often bread.

I don't know what comes later but are the steps still valid with this timings? I sometimes feel a bit low on energy during workout, would that be helped by lunch starch (maybe comes later) or bigger snack in afternoon, just a banana doesn't seem enough.

Also evening snack recommendations for us that doesn't eat dinner as last food of the day?

Came here for the same question! I eat dinner even earlier, though - at around 3.30pm, 5+ hours before bed! Do I really want starch in this meal to make me sleepy?

On 4/14/2016 at 5:57 PM, Jeff Serven said:

Yes that fits the timings. The answer to the rest does come in a later step, sorry. As for an evening snack, just eat the same thing you had for dinner. 

I get up at 4.30-5am, breakfast at 6, lunch at 11, dinner at 3.30pm, kids to bed at 7pm, snack at 8pm and bed around 9-10pm. Until now, that snack at 8pm have been a tablespoon or two of peanut butter, but I never thought to just eat leftovers from dinner. Nice tip, will try it :)