This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE4 form check

Started by Eva Pelegrin, April 14, 2016 · 5 Replies · 139 Views

Eva Pelegrin

Working here on global spinal extension + hip extension, following a 5041 tempo per courtesy of @Ron Roitman. Anything else? Thanks. 

https://youtu.be/BbuYvy1c2dw

Maksis Riley

Putting your legs at horizontal makes this significantly more difficult. This is also how it is demod in the course video so I think it is required for mastery but maybe wait for the big boys to chime in on that one :)

 

Nice work with the tempo and arch though; very controlled!

 

Max

Eva Pelegrin

Ok cool, I will try that, if required. I always take the precaution of protecting my lower back... Thanks so much for your observations!

Eva Pelegrin

If I bring my legs up, how high do you want me to lift my torso (degrees)? Focus point says "to at least horizontal." Video is a lot higher.

I'd prefer to focus on my thoracic extension/glutes and lift to slightly above horizontal (weighted even), rather than lifting much, much higher and more compression in my lumbar facets... But I don't know the end-game/pupose here, so I rely on your guidance. Thank you.

Eva Pelegrin

Understood perfectly. will do.

Eva Pelegrin

This is my end-range ROM now. I might be able to do more if I felt steadier with my belt. Today, half way into my sets, my belt felt a little slippery with those pants and that angle. I see in the video my left knee slightly flexes sometimes. Does that matter? 

Comments, correction, please shoot.