This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Clicking in general

Started by Florian Nagel, April 13, 2016 · 2 Replies · 158 Views

Florian Nagel

I experience clicking (but no pain) in my hips and in my shoulders.

In my hips during the supine flares. And extreme clicking while extending my left shoulder. For example when i reach the arm above, close to ears, or when i do shoulder rolls, there's vigorous clicking in both shoulders (still no pain).

I want to ask you Coach or anyone else:

1. Is that something to worry about, if theres no pain?

2. What indicates it? and:

3. Can i get rid of that?

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I've found that clicking to mean that some part of the joint is beyond comfortable ROM and that I'm either forcing it over going beyond the ROM that I have. Sometimes clicking happens in hypermobility, I guess, but in my case of knees, hips, shoulders, etc, it's been due to my going beyond the ROM that I had access to. Not an issue initially but might serve you well to take heed and dial it back a bit until your ROM increases. Speaking from experience and from injury.

Jon Douglas

I would consider not swinging at / through the end of my controlled rom if I was getting audible feedback, try being a little less vigorous and ensure everything is moving smoothly :)