This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE1 & iM

Started by Julia Quigley, April 13, 2016 · 10 Replies · 214 Views

Julia Quigley

 

I'm back with the next installment of starting over, checking form, and retesting mastery :)

 
 
Ryan Reynolds

I think you've got the iM down pat.  The PE you need to keep working at getting more round to get your shoulders higher.  I always have to engage PPT first to make sure to get all the abdominals firing and then curl up. 

Julia Quigley

Thanks, Ryan! I'd been doing it with more contraction/my shoulders higher off the floor, but saw advice on the forum that someone else was keeping them too high (and it looked about how I was doing it). Sounds like I might have overcorrected. 

Ryan Reynolds

I'm not a coach so I could be wrong.  We have to take this position and add a rock to it in the next PE if your low back is flat you can't rock.

Julia Quigley

Are the shoulders better in this video? Still need to be higher? 

Any other observations? 

 

 

Julia Quigley

I wish there was a love button! That's Brad Pitt in Fury, right? If I'm right, Shia is right by him in the tank. I'm cracking up.

I'm on step 7 this week. I'll work on maintaining tension for the entire hold and report back when I think I've achieved it. Thanks for the feedback!

Julia Quigley

Haha! Don't stop on account of me. It's like an Easter egg hunt.

I think I get what you mean about the zen space of the hollow hold--if tension were pace, we'd be finding our pace for a marathon. 

I think I'll try to up the tension. Prior to starting from scratch, I'd begun working on the bent leg hollow body rocks and got the rock pretty smooth (as far as I could tell), but failed just shy of 4 x 48s for weeks. 

I suspect building capacity for more tension here will help me progress with the bent hollow rocks next time!

 

Julia Quigley

I've been working this one for a long time, so I just wanted to check in and be sure I haven't gone off track along the way. This is deloas week, so the video is a bit shorter. 

My progress has been pretty consistent lately, so I'm hoping to get mastery endurance in a couple weeks. Fingers crossed :) 

 

Julia Quigley

Coaches, anything I should tweak or focus on while I build up endurance?

Jon Douglas

Hi Julia, sorry we missed this :D

Looks good here. The PPT may need to be tightened in a little more, it is a little unclear just how flat your lower back is there, but this will be very quickly corrected by the next element :)

Point to watch is not to lift any higher off the floor than you show there; you want to keep it low and long.

Good work :)

Julia Quigley

Thanks, @Jon Douglas! 

I'll tighten PPT a little more to build endurance for the next element. And I'll be sure to not crunch up any more. 

Appreciate your time!