This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Current Diet Questions

Started by Noah Schettini, April 13, 2016 · 9 Replies · 217 Views

Noah Schettini

Hi All,

Really enjoying the new program! Just wanted to give a breakdown on what I am eating and see if I am off track on my lunch and dinner.

Lunch - Salad:

  • Lettuce greens, pepper, carrots, raddishes, cucumber
  • Canned salmon w/ mustard, mayo, hot sauce

Dinner - Protein, Veggies, Starch

  • Grilled/Baked Chicken usually
  • Pan fried veggies with seasoning
  • Mashed Sweet Potatoes (usually a cup)

I am getting very bloated at night and was wondering why. Is it anything I am eating per the Thrive diet? I was getting stomach pains also when I had baked wild salmon too (just changed to canned)

 

Thanks,

Noah

Ryan Bailey

Hey Noah, others with more experience with Thrive may comment on the diet composition (and, your list is making me too hungry right now), but I have a question about the mayo:

Do you use the egg/olive oil ect... recipe or the soybean white poop on a spoon type?

Noah Schettini

hahah the soybeen white poop for now until I get a healthy option (ie Primal Kitchen). The bloating and uncomfortable feeling has been going on before I included the canned salmon to my meals...

Also, lunch now includes a starch, how do I add a starch to my salad? I am really enjoying it so far as I can make them big and filling.

Thanks,

Noah

Leonhard Krahé

Why not just some potatoes as a side? You could eat them separately or just slice them and add into your salad.

Talal Aldoub

Glad Noah for opening this subject, but question about the fried veggies was wondering for dinner is that ok? Cause Jeff did mention cooked but cooked as fried or like grilled or water stemmed only.

Douglas Reinot

Noah - 

Boiled or roasted new potatoes or fingerling potatoes are a great addition to a salad. I think a traditional salad nicoise covers all the thrive bases for a great lunch. I've found a few different varieties to mix things up. Sometimes I'll cut the green beans and toss it over some salad greens for example. 

Bloating can be caused by an increase of fiber in your diet. If you're eating more vegetables more consistently, it may take your body a couple of weeks to adjust, but it should subside in time. 

Si Hoang

Bloating, stomach cramps, wind, irregular bowel movements and strange looking poo could definitely be part of your Thrive journey if you weren't consistently eating a lot of veg before. But Douglas is right, your body will adjust in a few weeks.

Took me about 3 weeks for my body to adjust to the consistency. My sister came round once during that time. She said Thrive should come with free air freshener too. :D

Noah Schettini
2 hours ago, Talal Aldoub said:

Glad Noah for opening this subject, but question about the fried veggies was wondering for dinner is that ok? Cause Jeff did mention cooked but cooked as fried or like grilled or water stemmed only.

Sorry, I mean I just cook them with some olive oil in a pan - don't actually mean fried!

Also, I had a high intake of veggies before, but I am sure the salads are making a big difference. I don't feel it until before bed/after dinner...

 

Thanks for all the help.

Jeff Serven

I think Douglas and the rest of the guys are right. Its just a increase in veggies. But, no worries you will adapt after a bit. 

Noah Schettini

Are beans considered a starch? I used to put them in my salad (red, black, etc) before I joined Thrive. If so, I can easily add those back in.

Noah