This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE1 & iM

Started by Julia Quigley, April 12, 2016 · 4 Replies · 126 Views

Julia Quigley

Hello! I've been trucking through the course since January, assessing myself and having others compare my form against the course videos. But the further into the program I get and the more I read, the more convinced I am that I should have been posting form checks along the way :)

So I'm going back to the beginning and getting feedback in each element and then re-testing for mastery until I get back to where I was! Here is MN/PE1 and iM.

Looks like I've been letting my arm drift away on the iM. 

Julia Quigley

HA! I was looking at my form! I can see the video as it's taping. Since I don't have any mirrors, it's the easiest way to correct any form problems in real time :P

I'll work on your observations and post again. 

Julia Quigley

Update! I've been completely relaxing between PE reps (letting my lower back lift off the mat) and re-engaging. More work, but totally doable. Good practice.

Been working on the iM. Thoughts/pointers? 

 

Eva Pelegrin

Looking good Julia. You have the mobility to reach you arm further back between your legs. Try it. Also, you're strong and your form looks so good you could use a heavier dumbbell. Doesn't have to be killer weight, but you could get more connective tissue adaptation with more load ;)

Julia Quigley

Excellent! I'll experiment going deeper with current load (you're right, I'm stopping far before my limit!). 

The only other dumbbells I have are 10 lbs (vs the 5 I'm using in the video), so I'll give those a go as well.

 

Thanks for the challenge!