This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE1

Started by Julia Quigley, April 12, 2016 · 9 Replies · 187 Views

Julia Quigley

Hello! I've been trucking through the course since January, assessing myself and having others compare my form against the course videos. But the further into the program I get and the more I read, the more convinced I am that I should have been posting form checks along the way :)

So I'm going back to the beginning and getting feedback in each element and then re-testing for mastery until I get back to where I was! Here is HBP/PE1 and iM

 

Julia Quigley

Ah! Thanks so much for the feedback!!

I was completely misreading the cue for the arm swings. I thought it meant to keep the elbows back, not allowing them to curl in past the ears (like the typical position when people are doing crunches). 

I look forward to my next attempt at the PE and iM :) 

Eva Pelegrin

@Zach Armijo Such an on point infographic! One would be hard-pressed to say more with less. 
I only wish to add a pair of Indian clubs to this movement (hello triceps and lats). Such a shame that Indian clubs have become a forgotten art. Great conditioning tool and so many commonalities with gymnastics...

Eva Pelegrin

LOL, that's right. Another reason to learn club swinging. Not to be confused with adult swing clubs.

Lisa-Jayne El-Sour

I noticed you moved your left arm down behind your back with the >iM but the guy in the course video swings them both down to the front.

Julia Quigley

Thanks! Sometimes we miss the most obvious things about our own form, don't we? Haha

Lisa-Jayne El-Sour

Tell me about it! I also recently recorded all my PEs and >iMs and spotted so many little errors. My workout took forever from setting up the camera etc but well worth it!

Julia Quigley

I'm forbidden pressing movements while working on shoulder impingement, but worked on the arm swings. I think I resolved the top arm part, but once I looked at my video, I realized I forgot about the lower arms haha :lol:

@Zach Armijo, does the top arm have enough ROM in the correct position now?

 

Julia Quigley

This is the best meme theme. 

I can't do pressing movements while I work on shoulder impingement with my PT (womp, womp!), but how do you feel about my moving on in mobility side of the HBP series? 

Julia Quigley

Xiaopengs have felt really great with my shoulder. 

I was asking if I was cleared to move on as in, did I achieve mastery ROM? Didn't meant to ask you for medical advice!