This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE11

Started by Kate Abernethy, April 12, 2016 · 10 Replies · 179 Views

Kate Abernethy

Hello, please would you observe my wrist wall HS (probably best at the 28s mark) and let me know what should be done about it. Thank you very much :)

I have a kyphotic back which is currently affecting my line, but hope to clear this over time (as it's postural).

I didn't get the feeling of constantly fighting falling backwards, is this because my hip needs to be further away from the wall? Thanks.

 

 

Eva Pelegrin

Hi Kate,

Good work. Arms look vertical. Shoulders look nice and open.

May I comment about your camera angle. It seems to be quite low, which somewhat distorts your beautiful line. I found that with HS videos, I get a more accurate representation by raising my phone to hip level or so. 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work Kate, now focus onmove the hip bone and the armpit close to the wall as much as possible, you will find that rotate externally your hands a bit and slide the scapula like in a protraction is very useful here!

Kate Abernethy

After following the tips above, my line is now disgusting! :) 

I'm thinking that the way to retrieve the flat lower back, whilst hip is against the wall, will be to focus on stretching out the tight hip flexors. Lots of work to do! Thanks again Eva and Alex.

 

Alessandro Mainente

You have a strange idea about "disgusting" ;-)

Eva Pelegrin

Yay Kate, same tight hip flexor demons over here! Btw, what weight did you use for your HS/PE5? I'm working with only 5 lbs, waa-wah (crying sound) and towards the end of my 30 sec my arms angle (parallel) drops a bit, so I'm working on that b4 I post a form check. cheers.

Kate Abernethy

I'm on 5kg for 3 sets of 25s :unsure: 

Pesky hip flexors :(

Maksis Riley

You beasts, a couple of KGS makes me cry and throw a tantrum like a little boy :unsure:

 

Max

Petri Widsten

Are you guys holding PPT and/or straight wrist during HS/PE5 or is this exercise just about using the traps in flexion?

Maksis Riley

We really shouldn't hijack Kate's thread too much, but yes, PPT is imperative in my eyes to avoid compensating the movement with the muscles of the lower back.

 

Max

Kate Abernethy
12 hours ago, Maksis Riley said:

You beasts, a couple of KGS makes me cry and throw a tantrum like a little boy :unsure:

 

Max

Ha ha ha! I'm having a hard time visualizing that, knowing what a beast you are Max! :o

 

12 hours ago, Petri Widsten said:

Are you guys holding PPT and/or straight wrist during HS/PE5 or is this exercise just about using the traps in flexion?

Yes to both PPT and straight wrists. Though I've been guilty of having, by the very end of the last set, legs lifting off the floor - very bad! :ph34r: Should be perfect form every rep only.