This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE4 + iM Form check

Started by Maksis Riley, April 11, 2016 · 4 Replies · 86 Views

Maksis Riley

This was originally a mastery check but I'm not happy with how my range deteriorated for the last set. 

 

I've stuck with this one for a long time as it was a lower back injury that took away from weights and into the world of Gymnasticbodies to begin with. So while not perfect this is actually quite a pleasing result :)

 

Still, what do I need to improve other than keeping my range right to the end?

 

 

On the first set iM I was removing a splinter with my mouth, not pushing on my head as it looks xD

thanks all,

Max

Ron Roitman

PE-Excellent ROM, but tempo is too fast. Arch up for at least 3 sec, pause a sec at the top to maintain tension and go down slowly for 4-5 sec at the eccentric part :icon_twisted:

iM- Looks good IMO.

Keep it up! :)

Eva Pelegrin

Ron, thanks for suggesting a tempo of 4031 or 5041. I will try that.

Maksis, are we going after spinal articulation here as well? In other words where should the ROM be coming from? Evenly distributed from each vertebra? Starting from the top down, vice versa, or it doesn't matter...

Does anyone care about these details? They can make the exercise a complete different experience and I would like to know;)

Maksis Riley

I'm not sure I could manage even 5x5 with the tempo you've suggested, never mind 5x10:unsure: but I will definitely work to slow it down. During the lower rep weeks I work it much slower but naturally let it speed up as I progress through, so I'll do my best to keep it down. 

 

Thanks Ron.

Max

Maksis Riley

Hey Eva, there used to be an excersise in Foundations called "curl ups" (I think was the name) which was articulating one vertebrae at a time, in the same motion as a Jefferson curl but finished arched rather than straight. For this movement, yes we want to work the entire spine although I think because of the nature of it, it will always be lower back dominant

 

Believe it or not I am trying my hardest to extend my entire spine here, arching along the length of it, it just probably doesn't look as such :facepalm:  I'm sure some room for improvement there too :)

 

Max