This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Lunchboxes

Started by Douglas Wadle, April 10, 2016 · 5 Replies · 210 Views

Douglas Wadle

Hey all,  curious what creative ideas for lunchboxes you all use.  I've typically just put Tupperware containers into a plastic grocery bag.  not pretty, or compact, but it works.  I'd like to get a little more compact and neat/organized.  What do you use?

Jeff Serven

Haha! My lunchbox is a family size picnic carrier. Its hard to get my lunch and a snack into anything smaller. I use glass containers which takes up a ton more room. I usually have

1) a container with my lunch in it - the hot part

2) my salad and a small contain with dressing on the side

3) the days snack 

4) sometimes a container of matcha green tea. 

This isn't that much food but the way the containers fit together it takes a good amount of room. Ive tried those fancy fit tougher lunch boxes that allegedly account for everything but they either break or are not flexible enough to hold the different styles of meals I eat. Soups, and other odd foods to carry or when you have curry and you want to carry it separate from your rice. 

Daniel Sesselmann

I'm curious now Jeff. What and how much is your usual snack?

Jeff Serven

When the guys are out of season and I have to work long days it is just an extra lunch but about 1/2 the size. Its just easier for me. 

Jared Birbeck

I have tended to use plastic takeaway containers I bought at the supermarket. As I organise my lunch for the work week on Sunday they stack nicely in the fridge and I only need to cook once. Dinner is also done in bulk but usually left in bulk in the fridge. Breakfast is often in multiple smaller tupperware type containers. 

Love the idea of a second lunch as a snack. I have been having porridge with greek yoghurt on Foundation workout days as a second lunch on those long work days.