Hello,
What movements should I concentrate on in order to be strong enough to complete a muscle-up and a handstand push-up? Currently I can do about 7 pull-ups with good form and maintain a 20 second wall assisted handstand. Thanks in advance.
Started by Trevor Catterall, November 2, 2009 · 5 Replies · 2,522 Views
Hello,
What movements should I concentrate on in order to be strong enough to complete a muscle-up and a handstand push-up? Currently I can do about 7 pull-ups with good form and maintain a 20 second wall assisted handstand. Thanks in advance.
MU:
Russian dips
all kind of pull ups and chin ups
false grip
straight arm support on rings
HSPu:
HS
deep dips on rings and p. bars
core work
Thanks for the info Gregor. Coming from someone with as much experience and ability as yourself gives me a lot of confidence in your recommendations. I will get to developing a programme to compliment the Olympic lifts training I have started. Thanks
Gregor said:MU:Russian dips
all kind of pull ups and chin ups
false grip
straight arm support on rings
By false grip I assume you mean actually just hanging on the rings in one or is there an exercise associated with it?
just hanging and get acostumed to it.
Another thing:
do negatives...
as Gregor said, negatives, they did wonders for my hspu, and consequently greatly improved me press to hs, with mu I ain't sure 'cause I didn't have to train for it specifically but negatives and pull ups in false grip should set you on the right track