This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE16

Started by Jaromir Stopka, April 9, 2016 · 8 Replies · 333 Views

Jaromir Stopka

Hi folks,

I would like to ask you what was your progress with HBP PE16 exercise?I am so struggling with this one for so long.I find this exercise pretty hard..going down 10 sec and then get up five times.

Young Chan Park

You're asking this in a Foundation One form check forum?

Mikkel Ravn

Topic should be moved, but since you have asked...

Be prepared to spend a year on this. Learning how to do this is surely one of the very fundamental exercises, and therefore needs to be engrained many, many times. 

You need to be strong from the traps in full shoulder flexion, and keep the balance all the way to the floor, while you remain in a close to hollow position. This also means that you have to learn to press from the shoulders, instead of the chest (which is the cheat mode the body wants to resort to). 

Not easy, but worth the time investment.

Douglas Wadle

Agree w/ Ravn, put in the time here, and PE17 will seem like a breeze.  Of course it starts getting hard again w/ PE18-19.  Enjoy the process.

Jaromir Stopka

ok thank you all for your comments....now I can be relaxed and enjoy the exercise more.

Sean Murphey

Damn...didn't know this was a 10sec negative. How'd i miss that?

well, back to work.

Mats Trane

Agree with Douglas and Ravn here!

A couple of things  to focus on (learnt by experience):

Make sure you can do them from a free standing HS before you move on to HBP-17

Make sure your entire body is tight. Absoultly NO arching.

Make sure your elbows dont flair out. This is what I did wrong the most. When your elbows are flaring out there is a greater risk of shoulder/Rotator cuff injury AND this also leads to using the chest muscles which wont help whatsoever later on.

Believe me I´ve done all the mistaked above and waisted ALOT of time for nothing.

 

Sean Murphey

How much carry over is there from training this element on the wall, then moving to freestanding?

I'm on the first week of first micro-cycle (now that i realized it was a 10-sec negative). Wondering if i should just stick it out freestanding (as this is mastery IMO) or move to the wall. 

Thanks!

Sean Murphey

So, do think there is any merit in just building strength (i.e. working HBPpe16 on wall, 17, 18, etc.) then re-visiting once HS balance is perfect?