This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1 Form check

Started by Patriq Hansson, April 8, 2016 · 3 Replies · 99 Views

Patriq Hansson

I got the flu in the middle of February, and since then I've been on and off from training. Mostly off.. 
This is not good at all! I was in much better condition before the flu, but since it is THAT time in my scheduling I thought I should make a mastery attempt on HS today anyway (and also on SL, see below). 
I don't know how many times I've been standing in the tripod position since I first bought HS1, but it is a LOT! 
Hopefully you can see that it's not too much of an effort to stand in the tripod position. It's no effort at all really. 
However, the mobility portion is perhaps not as satisfying. 
My plan from here is to move on to PE2 with the strength portion, but stay (or alternate) the mobility until I nail it. 

Please let me know what you think! 

Alessandro Mainente

The execution and the range of movement of the mobility must be fixed:

1-more upper body lean isnecessary

2-execution needs refinement: you should lift the bar with upper body vertical then lean forward while pulling the bar into flexion.

Patriq Hansson

Thank you very much for your input Alessandro! 
Yes the mobility is SUPER difficult for me, and for others as well it seems. I will keep working on it. 

1. Do you have any ideas for other exercises / stretches I can do to help with this mobility element? 

2. I've been standing in tripod for well over two years now (on and off) and even though I fully understand why one needs to master both strength and mobility in order to advance in most of the PE:s, with this particular exercise I can't see the harm in moving on to HS/PE2 (strength) while staying on (or alternating) the iM on PE1 and PE2.
Would this be a problem? 

Thanks all!  

Joshua Slocum
On 4/11/2016 at 2:27 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

The execution and the range of movement of the mobility must be fixed:

1-more upper body lean isnecessary

2-execution needs refinement: you should lift the bar with upper body vertical then lean forward while pulling the bar into flexion.

I would add that the shoulder angle needs to be slightly more open. The arms are at a slight angle to the spine.