This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Intro

Started by Pink Flaherty, April 8, 2016 · 7 Replies · 925 Views

Pink Flaherty

 Hi everyone.  I have been sedentary for way too long. 

Looking to build some connective tissue and workout habits. 

I am over half a century old and have let my precious body get weak and unhealthy. At the rate I am going I will never make the first wave of survivors of the zombie apocalypse.

Never was a gymnast, but apparently there is hope, even at my age.    Right now I am hoping to get to know my body better.

smiles,

Pink

 

Eva Pelegrin

Hi Pink, welcome! 

If you're looking for inspiration, sure, you may find it here (or elsewhere). If you truly want to know your body, grab Foundations + Stretch Series first. Let your body talk to you, loud and clear. 

"It does not matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop." - Confucius

Turn your head 180º and look at how you want to live the next half a century. Good thing you woke up. Cheers!

Jon Douglas

Welcome aboard :) we've seen a couple threads from people who thought they were too old to get started. 

I think Coach summed it up best with, however you go about it, you are too old to not get started right now :)

Deciding to make a change is step zero. There are more steps of course, but to quote Terry Pratchett if there was no zero, it would leave a lot of numbers standing around looking silly :)

Looking forward to hearing your success 

Harald Gimse Jr

Welcome aboard! Age is nothing but a arbitrary number without meaning. :)

Pink Flaherty

Hi all, I am back!  I am in even worse shape and weigh more than ever. I started doing my workouts on Saturday morning. Just was clicking around and did the splits or some workout. It is by far the most challenging thing I have done, in ages. So many of the exercises I could not do all the reps or hold the poses as long as the athletes shown. 

Just getting down to the floor and back up again is monumental for me, let alone the exercises. But this time, I’m not going to stop.  I’m so done with being unfit and weak in my body. 

Thank you for reading,

pink

Guido Franchetti

Welcome back! Take it slowly and consistently, doesn't matter if you don't do very much but keep doing it, over time it adds up. In fact, when I try to do too many things, I succeed for a week or two, then start missing workouts and get discouraged. If I start with less that I think I can manage on the other hand, I do  what I planned, feel happy about it and build the habit. At that point I may increase.

If you have more than one course I would suggest starting with just one (a stretch course or foundation 1 would be a good pick), getting familiar with it for a month or so and only at that point adding another one.

Pink Flaherty

Thank you so much Guido for the warm welcome! I am doing it every day! I’m so challenged to do these. Honestly, I can’t do a lunge! So there is no way I can do the side lunges in the MS. But today at the gym I had the idea to do them in the pool and that worked great. It takes me awhile to get all the work done but I go slow and do them with modifications. Tonight my quads are definitely sore!!!

After that stuff I watch the fundamentals and even though I can’t do the ape or crab walk I still get into the pose and laugh! 

Im also walking and eating cleaner. About to hit the hay and get some well earned sleep.

 

BA21BDC0-8630-4AF7-B06B-FA79438C68A2.png

416E48A0-1E43-4C51-832E-49CEF2FB79AE.png

Nick Murray

Being consistent is even harder than manna. But consistency will get you a long way.