Hi,
I've already got a solid base of fitness from 10 years of competitive swimming. I don't have any problem with standard pullups, pushups, dips, etc. I've read so much about the strength gains possible through these gymnastics exercises that I'd like to start supplementing my triathlon (I'm now an ex-swimmer) training to build whole-body strength and core strength. Hypertrophy as a side effect (if that is one), is also welcome. Here is what I've come up with as a starting point for goal progressions to work the entire body without overdeveloping any single part of my body:
Legs
*****
Pistol squat progressions
Hamstring Curls and Glute-Ham Raises
Rest of the body
**************
Floor Planche Progressions
Bar Front Lever Progressions
L-Sits
The eventual goals here would be weighted pistol squat jumps onto a box (for power) and regular weighted pistols (for reps/endurance), floor planche pushups (reps/endurance), front lever pullups (reps/endurance), and a walking L-Sit (reps/endurance), and also reps/endurance for the hastring curls and glute-ham raises.
Again, I'm looking for which "basic" gymnastic exercises would be best to start working towards, with emphasis on working the entire body evenly. Please let me know what I should add or take away from the above exercises.
Thanks!