This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS-PE2>iM Form Check

Started by Eva Pelegrin, April 7, 2016 · 8 Replies · 343 Views

Eva Pelegrin

Been using 5 lbs and gradually approximating my hands. Please let me know what to tweak or work on next. Go to closer grip before adding more weight, right? Anything else?

 

Jon Douglas

- Closer grip before weight. Height is good here

- Keep ribs down. Nearly got this but there are a couple of moments I'm not 100% sure

- Be aware your left hand seems to maintain whilst the right tends to dip down a bit when you get tired.

- Could be in relation to the above point, be sure to keep your shoulders depressed as well as retracted. Your right occasionally elevates,  at least compared to the left, so keep an eye on that right shoulder :)

 

On track :)

Eva Pelegrin

Thanks Jon! My impromptu idea of turning around after the 10 sec hold to show my width threw me off a bit.. I'll do a separate clip next time.

Alessandro Mainente

I would add, keep your ears away from the shoulders. no elevation is needed.

Robert Rowland
On 4/11/2016 at 5:28 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

I would add, keep your ears away from the shoulders. no elevation is needed.

By this do you mean that it is alright if the head juts forward (so long as the back is still straight)?

Alessandro Mainente

the head tends to move forward a bit because retraction force the scapulae behind the spine. btw  a bit does not mean to walk like a chicken.

Sergio Mgencasa
On 8/4/2016 at 2:04 AM, Jon Douglas said:

- Closer grip before weight. Height is good here

- Keep ribs down. Nearly got this but there are a couple of moments I'm not 100% sure

- Be aware your left hand seems to maintain whilst the right tends to dip down a bit when you get tired.

- Could be in relation to the above point, be sure to keep your shoulders depressed as well as retracted. Your right occasionally elevates,  at least compared to the left, so keep an eye on that right shoulder :)

 

On track :)

Is there a minimum weight for a very wide grip? I mean I don't even dream of shoulders width grip at shoulders height, this with no weight. 

So what's the correct progression? 2kg weight whatever width and height are or no weight? 

Thank you and good job Eva! 

Eva Pelegrin

Hi Sergio,

My understanding is that you start as wide as you need in order to lift to horizontal and then gradually reduce the width of your grip. 2kg is a good start (I've been using 5 lb). That said, It won't matter how much weight you're using and how much closer your hands are, IF you cannot show the necessary ROM (90° extension) or if you're not retracting and depressing enough. Get the range and proper form first.

I know Coach advises against not using any weight as this is loaded mobility.

Sergio Mgencasa

Understood, thank you Eva!