This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Can I add RC to F1

Started by SERGIO CATALAN 170196, April 7, 2016 · 9 Replies · 225 Views

SERGIO CATALAN 170196

Hello!

Second week on F1. I feel quite humuliated by the "easy" exercise of F1. I thought it was going to be really easy but It's not.:D

Well, I've been doing rope climbing for at least 10 years (3x8 meter once a week) and some AOC progression twice a week too. With the pulling exercise of F1 (the first progression) y fighting with 4x15, but I think it's more kind of lack of flexibility, mobility or somewhere strength. But when I finish I feel really really fresh. I feel the training sesion more as a addicional work than a strength one in itself.

Coach Sommer told me (in public forum) I could include some rope climbing AFTER the F1 sesion that contains the pulling exercise but I feel that a bit repetitive in this movement and I want to do it after NOT the F1 sesion that contains the pulling exercise. Is that right?

I also would like to add some HSPU work as I was doing in my training before F1.

Thank you for your help!!

Christian Nogueira

What you could do is think of your rope climbing as your sport, because it's what what you enjoy doing and have been doing for some time. So think of it as your leisure time and Foundation as your training. 

Due to the nature of the activities you like to pursue it might be worth putting some extra RC mobility to offset it.

SERGIO CATALAN 170196

Ok, so it doesn't matter when I do it but I have to priorice my F1 training. F1 first and I'm motivated and fresh I can do my hobby. 

Is that what do you mean? 

Thank you! 

Christian Nogueira

Something like that. You could also do your rope climbing on a different day. It depends, basically treat as if it were a hobby. 

Unless of course you are a serious competitor in rope climbing, which would require a different approach.

SERGIO CATALAN 170196

Not yet...:lol:

Thanks!

Alexander Egebak

Sergio, you seem like a great guy, who is willing to do what is recommended and making sure to be certain of what people are telling you. That is great!

The essense here is that you spend the majority of your entire physical capacity to go through F1 and correct what needs to be corrected. Then, if you feel fresh and are up for additional work without being in the risk of overtraining, you can do rope climbs either after your workout or on your rest days.

But do pay attention to the fact that F1 requires a lot of your capacity and you might have to go down in volume with your rope climbs to be able to effectively follow F1. In the beginning F1 will feel easy, but once you master some of the first exercises, you will arrive at exercises which requires a lot more focus and will drain your energy much more than earlier. At this point you should pay attention to how much additional training you can do without it having a negative effect on your primary workout.

SERGIO CATALAN 170196

Thank you Alexander! You nailed it! Not with that I seem like a great guy but with the other thing :D

I realized I won't be able to do much rope climbing training during last progression of RC exercise of F1. So the key here I what you told me: ADJUST my RC "sport training" with the F1 requeriments.

Thank you very much!! 

Jon Douglas

Well, this thread seems to be in a good place.... good advice gents :)

Mark Goedeke

RC PE/1 and PE/2 are the most sneakily difficult exercises that I have come across. I can do PE 8 to mastery but not 2 yet, grrr...

SERGIO CATALAN 170196
4 hours ago, SERGIO CATALAN 170196 said:

Thank you Alexander! You nailed it! Not with that I seem like a great guy but with the other thing :D

I realized I won't be able to do much rope climbing training during last progression of RC exercise of F1. So the key here I what you told me: ADJUST my RC "sport training" with the F1 requeriments.

Thank you very much!! 

I wanted to say: "So the key here IS what you told me: ADJUST my RC "sport training" with the F1 requeriments."